Salespeople and commercial leaders face a significant challenge and big opportunity. Purchasing in healthcare is undergoing a fundamental shift.
Buying decisions, once driven by individual clinicians, are increasingly being made by data-driven committees, cost-driven administrators, and sophisticated buyers. The hospital supply chain and purchasing organization is growing into a powerful force, and is deploying sourcing tactics to gain unprecedented discounts and bring clearer transparency to value.
Selling in this new healthcare market in the same old way is a recipe for price erosion, declining margins, frustrated salespeople, and dissatisfied customers.
Based on extensive experience and research, this is a practical guide that provides salespeople and commercial teams with the insights to approach economic buyers with renewed confidence. It provides proven strategies and tools to educate customers, sell your value, and defend your value against tough buyers.
- Understand the ten drivers of change in the new healthcare market
- Learn how the buyer views your sales bag and the sourcing strategies buyers use to extract value
- Navigate buying committees and learn to leverage your three elements of value – clinical, economic, and emotional
- Quantify your value and connect it to the customers’ business and reimbursement model
- Adapt your offering and use negotiation trades to satisfy different buyers and defend your value
- Learn the clues to identifying the four hospital buying behavior segments and how to customize your tactics to each
- Align your value selling to the six stages of customers’ buying process
- Learn twelve common buyer games and how to defend your value against each
- This book will prove to be an invaluable source of ideas, strategies and tools for healthcare sales professionals, marketing teams, and executives responsible for leading winning commercial organizations.
AVAILABLE SOON ON AMAZON AND OTHER RETAIL CHANNELS